Friday, November 2, 2007

Monstrous News From Linda Godfrey

Over at her Beast of Bray Road blog, Linda Godfrey (author of The Beast of Bray Road; Hunting the American Werewolf; Strange Wisconsin and several other fine titles) has some interesting news to impart.
As Linda states:
"I'm back after the appearance marathon that resulted from Halloween coinciding with the release of Strange Wisconsin. Some of the highlights included signing all my books for two days at the Milwaukee Public Museum last week, with almost all of the 1500 daily participants dressed as trolls, beasts, fairies and other fabulous personae, and speaking at Chad Lewis and Terry Fisk's Eau Claire Unexplained Conference which drew a crowd of 375 on the Saturday before Halloween."
She continues: "With Strange Wisconsin now officially on both online and brick-and-mortar bookshelves, I want to point out one story that has not been printed elsewhere of interest to all students of crypto-related culture. In West Bend, Wisconsin, the Washington County Courthouse has a new mural painted last winter that contains, to my knowledge, the only purposely included cryptid in a courthouse mural in the country, excluding classic griffins, chimeras, etc."
And for the rest of Linda story, plus details of Linda's involvement in the new Monster Quest series on the History Channel, click here.

1 comment:

BerylWolf said...

Yeah Linda Godfrey! I took Nick's advice and bought "The Beast of Bray Road" and "Hunting the American Werewolf." So far the reading has been slow since I have to incorporate my reading into my regular nocturnal habits (security officer). But I also find myself overwhelmed by the wealth of werewolf information! I'm already rewriting my current book (Modern Lycanthropy) because of the insight into the were-culture she gives! I'm continuing to study and read books and checking in from time to time in case any more beasties loom their mysterious presence anywhere else. ;) I'm starting to turn into a local cyrpozoologist thanks to Nick and Linda! Happy hunting!