Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crypto Squad USA

As many of you know, I run the US Office of the British-based Center for Fortean Zoology. And, with that in mind, I have just set up a new blog to highlight the work of the regional US representatives of the CFZ.

As I have only set the blog up this morning, there is still quite a bit of material to add.

But here's the link that shows the completed work so far:

http://squadcrypto.blogspot.com/

And here's my blurb about the site, below. If you're interested in being a CFZ-USA rep, let me know!

WHAT IS CRYPTO SQUAD USA?

Well, that's a very good question!

No, Crypto Squad USA is not a bunch of super-heroes - but they are pretty close!

Established in 1992 by Jonathan Downes, the Center for Fortean Zoology is the world's largest group dedicated to the study of unknown animals.

When I moved to the US to live in 2001, Jon asked me to take on the task of opening, running, and coordinating a US office of the CFZ - which I was pleased to do!

But, as CFZ-USA began to grow, it quickly became apparent that regional representatives were needed to cope with the huge amount of field-work and investigations that were required.

So, that's precisely what Crypto Squad USA is: namely, a dedicated band of people seeking out all-things strange and monstrous on behalf of the CFZ-USA Office, and making the data available to one and all.

And you'll get to learn all about those same people and their work right here.

Enjoy!

Also: if you're interested in becoming a regional investigator for the US Office of the CFZ, let me know! We're always looking to get new people involved.

2 comments:

Neil A said...

I may not live there by if no-one comes forward I'm up for being the Philly rep', there's not a great deal of crypto there but there is some!

Nick Redfern said...

Cheers Neil! I'll keep you posted.