Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Cardiff Giant

Okay, I know it's not really a cryptid, but...

As I noted in the blog-post below, this past weekend I was speaking about all-things cryptozoological at the Ghosts of Cooperstown, NY gig.
Imagine my surprise, then, when I learned that just up the road from the hotel where the event was being held is the Farmer's Museum; which is home to the (very!) infamous Cardiff Giant.

The caper of the Cardiff Giant is a truly strange and convoluted one filled with all manner of entertaining twists and turns. If you don't know the story of the giant-man (or, rather, the giant-hoax), click here for all the weird details.

The photo that accompanies this post was taken by me at around 11.00 PM on Saturday night when the temperature had plummeted to what felt like previously unrecorded levels - both inside and out!!

No comments: