Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haunted Skies & Bat-Beast!




A few days ago, I received in the mail - courtesy of Jon Downes at the Center for Fortean Zoology - a review-copy of the new book from John Hanson and Dawn Holloway, Haunted Skies: The Encyclopedia of British UFOs, Volume II, 1960-1965.

I'll be reviewing the book at my Reviews of the Mysterious Kind site next week, but in the meantime, I'm mentioning Haunted Skies here, too, because it contains a very interesting, 3-page section titled "Batlike Humanoid Creature Seen In Kent."

This is the famous (or, perhaps, infamous!) case of 1963 that, in retrospect, comes across like a proto-Mothman-style event. If you haven't heard of it, then I recommend you check out Volume II of this on-going, ambitious project for all the info on this winged fiend of the night!

No comments: