Friday, July 11, 2008

The Daily Grail Interview

A new interview with me has just been posted to The Daily Grail. We discuss a lot of aspects of cryptozoology - the British Bigfoot, black-dogs and more. Here's an extract from one of my replies:

"I think it’s fair to say that as time has gone on, my views on what some of these cryptids are have drastically changed. Like a lot of people, I got interested in all this when I was a kid: my parents took me to Loch Ness when I was 5, and I was hooked even then. And back then, for me, Bigfoot was a giant ape, and Nessie was a plesiosaur. It was all just black-and-white.

"But, today – and for a long time now – my views are very different. Although many cryptozoologists roll their eyes and frown whenever anyone dares to suggest that Bigfoot might be anything other than mere flesh-and-blood, there’s no doubt in my mind that Bigfoot, the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabras, and many of these various 'things' are just too weird.

"They jam cameras, they vanish in the blink of any eye, we can never catch them, and sometimes they turn up in the same places as UFOs, or where other weird activity – such as poltergeist activity and even the Men in Black – is found.

"Now, I would say that at least some of these things are real, flesh-and-blood animals, such as Mokele-mbembe, Megalania, sea-serpents and such like. But Bigfoot, black dogs, many of the lake monsters, werewolves: these really are something from the outer edge, in my opinion."

You can read the rest of the interview right here.

2 comments:

cryptidsrus said...

You want weird?

Check out the post about Hanumman, the Hindu Monkey God, at the Paranormal Pastor's site.

Now THAT's something for Crytptozoologists to roll their eyes over.

I don't care, I believe it. Sue me, folks.

Great interview, Nick.

Nick Redfern said...

Cheers, C! I'll take a look at the PP site.