Monday, August 11, 2008

Hunt the Dogman

I received in the mail last week a copy of an excellent DVD titled Hunt the Dogman: The Director's Cut from friend, author of the book Mysterious Kentucky, and fellow seeker-of-the-strange, Bart Nunnelly.

Bart's film (made by Grendel Films) is an excellent one, and as you will guess from its title, is a study of a diabolical beast that roams the woods of Kentucky.

The Dogman is one of Bart's particular interests, and we follow him on his quest for the truth of the creature as he seeks out interviewees (including various eye-witnesses and author Linda Godfrey), undertakes on-site investigations, and takes us on a road-trip into the unknown.

The film is packed with data, testimony and more that will be of interest to fans everywhere of cryptozoology, werewolves and strange beasts. Bart's story is very much a personal one (his mother discusses her own encounter on-screen), and one filled with enthusiasm, a passion for the subject matter, and some stunning revelations on the Dogman, the Beast of the Land Between the Lakes, and the Spottsville Monster.

Copies of Hunt the Dogman can be purchased at the link above.

8 comments:

Kate Fisher said...

That looks great! I think I'm going to have to buy that. Looks like it is nicely done and I want to check out that film footage a little more carefully. Thanks Nick.

Kate

cryptidsrus said...

I will look into it, likewise.

Nick Redfern said...

You'll both enjoy it. Lots of good stuff!

Kate Fisher said...

Nick did they show more footage of the creature beyond what is shown in the trailer?

I think it will be fun to show at our annual pumpkin carving party this year. Give my guests a break from the usual Nosferatu showing:)

Kate

Unknown said...

I'll definitely be getting a copy of that.
Thanks for the heads up,Nick!
Interesting stuff!

wildphotographer said...

Hello Nick and Everyone...

I am Bart's co-conspirator, er...I mean, co-producer, John Johnsen of Grendel Films. I appreciate the review and the intentions you all show to purchase our DVD. We are tossing around a sequel concentrating on the Spottsville Monster but have no firm plans as of yet. Visit Grendelfilms.org for a list of releases.

Thanks again...

John Johnsen
Grendel Films

Nick Redfern said...

Hey John,
You're very welcome. It's a great production.

Neil A said...

A great DVD, Bart sent me a copy and it puts the likes of the 'Monster Hunter' series to shame. Full of in-depth interviews, some bizarre footage, and thorough investigation into one of America's strangest creatures. I'd also recommend Dana Holyfield's 'Honey Island Swamp Monster' dvd too.I'll be reviewing the Dogman dvd and also interviewing Bart shortly.

A superb documentary guys.