Monday, August 18, 2008

Bigfoot - The Latest

You'll have noticed I haven't commented on the Bigfoot-Body saga for a few days. There's a good reason for that: despite the press conference, we're still not really any closer to having actual news on the affair to report - merely just opinions, thoughts and ideas of the "It's a hoax/No it's not" variety. And I suspect that the real developments will come if and when the "Fox News Invite" goes ahead. So, until then, I'll keep referring everyone to The Anomalist, where the latest links and posts can be found.

5 comments:

cryptidsrus said...

I agree with you regarding the Fox invite, Nick. At least you're not totally dismissing it JUST YET as a hoax. Blogsquatcher basically does already. The invite is hopeful, to say the least. We'll see.

Kate Fisher said...

I just read that they admitted it was a hoax. I wonder if there will be any legal action for what Tom Bascardi and his partners have done in this situation.

Nick Redfern said...

Kate:
Someone else asked that on one of the forums. I'm not personally sure.

Kate Fisher said...

You know Nick today I read that the one of this pair who was a policeman is now being processed for termination. Apparently his supervisors view the perpetuation of fraud to be unbecoming of a law enforcement agent. Which sounds about right to me.

I hope that is the beginning of many negative repercussions for their wanton waste of people's time and money in this misadventure. I'm of the opinion that nonsense like this should be illegal.

Kate

Nick Redfern said...

Kate:
Yes, I heard that too. I suspect there will be plenty more to hear too in the next few weeks!