Saturday, September 27, 2008

Monsters of the Skies

As some of you will know, I write a regular, weekly column for Mania.com titled Lair of the Beasts. This week's posting has just gone online and can be found here. The subject matter is mysterious winged-things: Mothman, Owlman, the Thunderbirds, Gargoyles and more. I've also highlighted in the column the work of Ken Gerhard, a good friend of mine and the author of the book Big Bird! Modern Sightings of Flying Monsters. If you're interested in accounts of monsters of the air, definitely check out Ken's book.

6 comments:

cryptidsrus said...

I have Ken's book. Great read. And he is a pretty righteous dude. Looking forward to his next book.

Nick Redfern said...

C:
We're working on a book idea together; I'll keep people posted soon as it starts to come together.

BMNunnelly said...

Great article, Nickster...as usual. From a personal perspective I know that flying anomalies such as you describe exist. My wife and I saw such a creature in 1998 in KY. Whether they are actually surviving pterosaurs or one of the many zooform manifestations which tend to plague mankind is a matter of debate, at least for me. My money's on the zooforms. Great job!

Nick Redfern said...

Hey Bart
Good to hear from you, and many thanks for the words re the article.

Gareth said...

Hi Nick. Long time reader, fist time commenter. Excellent article as always. Is Ken's book available for purchase in the UK?

Nick Redfern said...

Hi Gee, thanks!
Yeah, you should be able to get Ken's book from Amazon UK, and WH Smith and Waterstones should be able to order it.
Or contact the publisher, Jon Downes, at their site, www.cfz.org.uk
Jon should be able to advise you of the quickest way to get it if Smiths etc don't have it.