Monday, September 8, 2008

The Lair of the Beasts

I have just started writing a regular, weekly column on cryptozoology for Mania, one of the largest online sources for all the latest news in the fields of sci-fi and horror in relation to TV, movies, books, comic-books etc.

The column is called The Lair of the Beasts and here's the first post, on the subject of werewolves:

http://www.mania.com/lair-beasts-trail-american-werewolves_article_87158.html

If you have anything that you may want me to promote of a crypto-nature, monster-nature, etc, that has a bearing on the genre of horror entertainment too, let me know, and I'll be glad to reference it in the posts.

5 comments:

Kate Fisher said...

Sybil Danning's startling assets eh Nick?

Reading that nearly made me drop my coffee. So true though wasn't it? That movie can only be watched with large amounts of alcohol.

Thanks for the heads up on Lair of the Beasts. Look forward to reading your articles.

Kate

Nick Redfern said...

Kate:

Yeah, Sybil definitely had a couple of things in her favor in that film! The end credits section where they replay *that* scene over and over again is especially good!

Kate Fisher said...

Yes she did have a 'couple of things' in her favor. No pun intended right?:)

On the other hand I loved Wolfen. That's one good enough to own.

Kate

Nick Redfern said...

Kate
I liked Silver Bullet too. It wasn't the greatest werewolf film, but I enjoyed it!

Kate Fisher said...

Yup, I wait for that one every Halloween. I liked the storyline and considered it to be a good adaptation of a Stephen King novel.

Kate