Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE CFZ GOES MONSTER HUNTING IN RUSSIA!

Well, I'm very pleased to announce this morning that big and exciting things are afoot within the world of the Center for Fortean Zoology.

In just a few, short weeks from now, a team from the CFZ, led by in-house zoologist Richard Freeman, will be heading off to the Karbadino Balkaria region of Southern Russia, in search of the nation's very own version of the Yeti: the fabled Almasty.

An announcement was made this morning on the BBC's prestigious Radio 4 "Today" show about the expedition. And I can also tell you that big names are involved, and there will be major TV coverage of the expedition, too.

I will have much more to say on Monday when a fuller, broader announcement will be made about this ground-breaking venture.

But suffice it to say for now, this will be a major project for the CFZ, and one that I will be reporting on - right here - on a daily basis when the CFZ's quest for the Almasty begins.

2 comments:

Yards said...

Great! I enjoyed following the Guyana expedition (strangely, I'm heading down there myself in July). Tell the guys good luck for me on this one!
~Y

Nick Redfern said...

Y:

Will do, thanks, I'll tell 'em!