Friday, December 5, 2008

Giant Spiders!

I love these giant-spider stories. They kind of remind me of Clark Ashton Smith's Atlach-Nacha. Personally, if giant spiders really are out there, I think it would be great fun to go on a quest to find them!


cryptidsrus said...

Yeah, Giant Spider sightings are cool, though for the most part explainable.
BTW---Look at you, Nick, reading Clark Ashton Smith!!! Nice! Not many read him nowadays. I actually prefer some of his stuff to Lovecraft. I particularly liked his "Averoigne" stories set in a medieval French country. Not many people write the way he wrote anymore. Again, though, Nice!!!

Nick Redfern said...

Yeah, Smith is sadly underrated, or unknown to many today, unfortunately.

In Search Of said...

Well,they just found one in the Mekong the size of a dinner plate..whew,stuff of nightmares right there!

Nick Redfern said...

Yeah, I saw that "dinner plate spider" story - interesting!