Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Weird Weekend

Last Thursday, I got a call asking if I could fly out to England to attend - and speak at - the annual Weird Weekend conference that CFZ Director Jon Downes and the crew put on every year in the little Devonshire village of Woolfardisworthy.

And so it was that on Friday of last week I headed out of Dallas-Fort Worth Airport for a flight - via Chicago - to London's Heathrow Airport. Then, after a 6-hour journey by hire-car to Jon's, I finally made it.

And, I must say, a fine time was had by all.

The Weird Weekend is, in my view at least, the finest Fortean/cryptozoological-driven conference in the UK. Indeed, this year's event attracted almost 200 people.

Jon's wife, Corinna, has written a highly-entertaining 6-part build-up and review of the conference, which can be found by clicking on the following links:

LINK ONE

LINK TWO

LINK THREE

LINK FOUR

LINK FIVE

LINK SIX

No comments: