Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to the Woods!

Finally home again in sunny Dallas, Texas after a week in jolly old England, and normal service will be resumed tomorrow!

In the meantime, check out the Center for Fortean Zoology's blog for all the pictures, news, reviews and more from last weekend's Weird Weekend gig, at which I spoke.

Highlights of the weekend for me were (finally!) getting to meet Neil Arnold in person; and seeing my old mates Jon Downes, Richard Freeman, Graham Inglis, Mark North, and Andy Roberts again.

However, the absolute highlight was getting to hang-out with Punk-Rock God, Rat Scabies, drummer from the legendary band The Damned, who entertained the audience with a lecture about his research into (and his book on) the mystery of Rennes Le Chateau.

In the picture above, I seem to be holding an invisible pint of beer, while Rat (in white t-shirt and black-coat) looks on, slightly mystified. Well, I was jet-lagged, it had been a long day, and a few pints had indeed been consumed...

3 comments:

cookey said...

Hi, nice to have you back. I was wondering whether there had been any reports of UFO's over north Norfolk UK lately? I've been camping and saw something a bit strange. I've lived most of my adult life on and around RAF stations so its not often I'm mystified by something flying in the sky.

Nick Redfern said...

Hey Charlie

I don't know of any recent ones in the Norfolk area, but I'll ask around, and if I find anything, I'll add a new comment here.

Jeff H. said...

So weird that Rat Scabies is traveling in Fortean circles these days. But comforting that he's still got that characteristic spiky Rat Scabies hair.